Wednesday, December 01, 2004

When I can't sleep.

Best sight from the road trip to Tiny Pebble, AR and back: The "Mad Butcher" Store. Nothing makes me want a cut of meat more than the possibility the man doing the work could be the last person I want holding a sharp, pointy, deadly cutting instrument.

THOUGHT SHIFT

Why can I not get her out of my head? This has never happened before. I've never been so annoyed, never wanted nothing to do with someone and at the same time want her more than anything. STILL. Is this obsession? Is it love? Is it me just not knowing what the hell it is when it comes to her?

Annoyed not the right word. Not wanting to do anything is too strong. Like everything, I should be looking in the middle.

Happy medium.

THOUGHT SHIFT

I hate it when I just can't fall asleep.

THOUGHT SHIFT

On the other hand, we're getting a cool new toy at work.

So things aren't so bad. All comes out in the wash and all that.

Could use a new book to read though.

Doesn't matter. I waste too much time with my face in the internet. Not good. Too much of anything can be a problem.

Except love.

And pleasant weather.

Happy mediums. Happy mediums.

THOUGHT SHIFT

(And I keep hitting the wrong key and type it SHIGT each time)

I haven't fit in a medium in a loooooong time. How long before the XL isn't enough?

Hope never, really. Probably wouldn't hurt to eat a few more salads and tear myself away from the monitor for a little walking around.

THOUGHT SHIFT (did it again)

I live in a lousy town for a walk. It's not like I can just bop out for a jaunt and land anywhere. Not close to a coffeehouse or newsstand or bookstore. Don't really want to hang in a Circle K, you know.

I enjoy cities you can walk in. Something about it makes you AND the city feel a bit more alive.

Philly was like that...so was Chicago. The way you could just walk to the train and then walk to your destination gave it...a novelty maybe? Once the novelty wore off, would I find it just as interesting to drive somewhere?

You can walk in New Orleans. I have that if I want. But I don't have the urge to walk the Quarter. I've done it before. Not big enough. And every time I'm there, it's usually a tourist time. Hell, it's that year round.

Would I live in the Quarter? I dunno. It's quaint I guess.

If I did live somewhere, I'd like to have a balcony with a view of water.

"If I did live somewhere" That mean I'm not living NOW?

THOUGHT SHIFT

I really wish I could just go to sleep, y'know? Maybe I should lie down instead of typing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home